These are a Few of My Favorite...Recipes!



During the holiday season, we tend to have a lot of work events, holiday parties and other special events. It’s a busy time of year for almost everyone I know and while it’s a lot of fun, it can also be stressful. A few weeks ago, I posted a party planning post which outlines how I stay on track when I plan an event, whether big or small! I wanted to make your plans to host go a little smoother, and want to share a few recipes for hosting a meal and cocktail hour.  

Meal Ideas
Brunch & Appetizers 

Entrees:


Cocktails
For this part, I gathered recipes from my resident family bartender, my daughter Faith J

Cran-mosa
Ingredients:
·         Chilled prosecco
·         1 oz of orange juice with no pulp
·         Fresh cranberries
·         ½ oz of cranberry juice
·         Fresh rosemary
Method:
In a champagne flute, add 2-4 fresh cranberries to the bottom of the flute. Add 2 oz of prosecco to the flute, top with cranberry juice and orange juice. Add a sprig of rosemary and serve!

Old Fashioned
The best Old Fashioned recipe I’ve ever seen is this one from Epicurious. It is warm, simple, and makes you feel like winter!

Faith’s Lemon Drop Martini
Ingredients:
·         1 ½ oz of Tito’s Vodka
·         Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
·         ½ oz of simple syrup
·         ¾ oz triple sec
Method:
In a cocktail shaker, add vodka, lemon juic, simple syrup and triple sec. Fill with ice. Shake it until mixed and cold (about 15-20 seconds). Pour into a martini glass and enjoy! This recipe yields one drink but is easily doubled or tripled for a party!
Note: you could also use this recipe’s ratios to make lemon drop shots for a small group. If you don’t like lemon, you can switch out the juice for lime juice instead to make a variation of a classic Gimlet.

Thanks for checking out today’s post, friends! Let me know if you try any of these recipes in the comments and a very happy new year to you and your family!

Comments

Popular Posts