Make your home buyer ready!




In the real estate world Spring and Summer are the busiest times of the year. The warmer weather, tax refunds, and kids having summer break makes it the perfect time to find a new home. I personally love this time of year for the weather of course, but also I love moving and I've done it... a lot! Now, don't worry I'm not moving this year, but I've had my experience in preparing my home for potential buyers, and being the potential buyer, so I really know what people are looking for on both ends. Needless to say, I've got a knack for selling and buying a home even before I became a real estate agent. So this week I'm giving some quick fixes to get more bang for your buck when listing your home. Don't fret these tips won't break the bank, and will help buyers gush over your home. Now let's get into this.

Kitchen Updates
A really easy fix to spicing up a drab kitchen is updating the hardware. Many sellers forget that to sell a home people need to like the kitchen and the bathroom. Those are the top sellers! So say your kitchen is small, or a little out of date, but you don't have the means or simply don't want to update your entire kitchen for buyers. You can easily switch out the hardware for a more modern appearance and have buyers see the potential of the home quickly. Along with switching hardware you can do small changes around the home like updating your lighting, replacing door knobs, changing out faucets (if you're really feeling fancy), and getting carpets cleaned.

Stage
Buyers love walking into a home that makes them be able to see themselves living there. I remember when I was house shopping I loved going into the models and envisioning where I'd put my own furniture and how. It made me really see myself coming there everyday, making it a home, seeing my children grow up there, and that same feeling is what potential buyers want. So, make your home a little more cozy with fresh flowers, beautiful throw blankets, gorgeous pillows, nice rugs etc. You don't have to spend tons of money, but just spruce it up a little. Get rid of that funky pillow you've had on your bed forever and give your bed a little spice. Particularly a nice comforter and pillows would be the perfect start.

Reduce the clutter
Living in your home while trying to sell can be very very hard. Trust me I know. But the biggest pet peeve that many agents and buyers have is seeing a cluttered room or counter space. It just takes a way from the entire room if someone can't see the counter top, or the corner. So in your time of preparing your home consider getting rid or storing things you don't really need out. This includes the closet area! If you have tons of clothes, try reducing your wardrobe and storing your unworn items. Also consider straightening up your shoe areas and under all of your cupboards so that buyers can see what storage space they will have if they move in.

Modernize 
No offense but some peoples designing eye isn't the best! We can all attest to those houses we've seen that feel like you've stepped into the 80's. Don't be that person. Please. Like I stated before, buyers have to see themselves living in your home, and often time they can't see that if there's a very old looking feel to everything in your home. If this is you then try giving your home a more modern touch when staging. Consider what is popular and style your home that way. Get rid of anything that screams "Hi I'm old"! If the task proves to be too difficult recruit some millennial to boss you around for a hour in the store and tell you what's in or not. I have two you can borrow if you need someone.

Be Flexible 
The best way to sell your home fast is to be flexible with showings. I know this can be difficult when you're physically living in the house, but to sell your home people have to let people see it. So, make your weekends free, be open to showings during the week, and allow your agent to show your home as often as possible.

Hopefully this helps you out a little on your selling adventures! If you're looking for an agent to list your home please feel free to contact me. I'm happy to help! patrice.sumpter@bhhsgeorgia.com | 770.639.5629

Patrice Sumpter




Comments

Popular Posts