Make Mornings Great Again!



When I decided to go into real estate and work for myself a lot changed in my life. There was no set time to clock in, no one to answer to, and no bi-weekly pay checks streaming in. It was a totally different world, and thankfully I had prepared myself for it. You see, I'm what some people would consider a workaholic. I thrive off of getting the job done, going above and beyond the expected job, and working all hours to accomplish my goals. I owe a lot of that to just how I was shaped but also from being in the army and becoming a morning person. Many CEO's accredited their success to their hard work AND having an early start to the day with a set morning routine. So this week I'm going to lay out some tips that I've picked up to take your morning from dread to delight!

"I made a deal with myself: If you don't have 10 minutes for yourself, you don't have a life." - Tony Robbins 

Ideal Morning

Many people don't take the time to really think about how they want their morning to go. Often time it's a chaotic sight in the morning time for many households. Children rushing to get ready for school, pets needing to go for a walk, husbands trying to find their keys (lol), and all of the sort. For me, those days have come to an end. Being an empty nester definitely  has it's perks, but I found that planning out what I wanted my morning to look like was necessary. I needed a guide to see exactly how I wanted it to go. A great way to do this is spend sometime writing out what you want your morning to be. What would you like to accomplish? Do you want to squeeze a workout in? Write? Journal? Pray? It's all up to you, but really thinking of how you want your day and spending that time will get you prepared to create the best routine for yourself.

No Phones Allowed

Many people wake up and instantly check their phones. Whether it's scrolling through social media or checking e-mails, it's almost impossible to not feel the urge to look at what's going on with everyone.That's why I suggest placing your phone on airplane mode until you've completed your morning routine. The best case scenario would be to leave your phone in a different room and wake up by an alarm clock, or naturally. Whichever way you prefer to be alerted it's time to wake up, make sure it isn't by your phone! That's WAY too much temptation!

Gratitude and Prayer

The best way to start a morning off is with a grateful heart and prayer. I personally see that listing things I am grateful for, and then praying, is a great way to make me feel prepared for the day. Starting your day in a grateful head space will help you not stress over the small stuff, and for a CEO or aspiring entrepreneur that is a necessary thing.

Make The Bed 

“If you make your bed every morning you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a small sense of pride and it will encourage you to do another task and another and another."- Admiral William McRaven, the commander of U.S. Special Operations

This doesn't need much information, but it's a great idea to make your bed everyday! Like Admiral McRaven stated it's a small task that can make you feel accomplished in less then 10 minutes. Not only does my room look pulled together, but I love coming home seeing a nice neat bed, and it just feels... better to sleep in a bed that was made. All in all, you'll see the positive effect it gives your mornings. So, try it out for a few days and see if you're a believer.

Work It Out
Many of my neighbors can attest to the fact that I walk each and every morning. Sometimes even in the rain. I made this apart of my mornings because I love the way it makes me feel. It's great to move my body and listen to Pandora as I start my day off. The great thing is that it also gets me pumped and ready to rock! The days that I don't walk often are days I feel lathargic and can't get much done. (Which I hate) So it's great for me to start my morning off this way!

2 Eggs A Day 
After my walks I have to have my breakfast. My kids joke that I don't start a day without having two boiled eggs. It's become me and my husbands go to breakfast. Not only is it very filling, but after walking I've worked up a bit of an appetite. Many people say breakfast is the most important meal and I agree! So before you head out the door do yourself a favor and eat something before taking over the world.
I hope that these small tips and tricks will make your mornings even better! I know mine have improved my incorporating them each day. Here's some other quick tips that pretty successful people do in their morning routines:

  • Cold Showers (Tony Robbins)
  • Breathing Exercises (Tony Robbins)
  •  Asking One Question: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?”(Steve Jobs)
  • Playing Tennis (Anna Wintour)
  • Wake up at 5:00a.m. (President Barack Obama) 
  • Set intention for the day (Arianna Huffington) 
  • 90 minutes of spin, elliptical, or barre (Jennifer Aniston)


So what are your tips for having a CEO morning? I'd love to know! Let me know in the comments below!


Comments

Popular Posts