Be Your Own Bae for Valentine's Day!






The colors of red, white, and pink have filled every grocery stores aisles as the season of love comes upon us. Wherever you go you can't help but get a whiff of the oncoming holiday... Valentine's Day. 😳  😤 😤 😤.As a single woman I have experienced many Valentine Day's by myself and loathed the holiday as a whole. As my fellow single people on this earth can tell you this dreaded holiday for us is called Single Awareness Day. Now, I'm not a hater of love, in fact, I'm a hopeless romantic, but something about this holiday just grinds my gears. Do I really need to have a whole day of people knowing that I, at 27 years old, have not found "the one". *insert massive eye roll* So this year I'm refusing to be in a grumpy mood all day, hating all couples who cross my path. Instead, I decided that Valentine's Day will be my day to show myself a little love. Corny? Yes, a tad, but hey I have to find some joy in the fact that I'm single as a pringle. So below are my plans to show myself a little self care during this "holiday" season (Sorry I can't consider this a holiday... Do you know how Valentine's Day originated...) I digress.. Ok keep reading below! 


Alright so here goes nothing. I thought it would be super fun to just drinking my sorrows away, but that seems like a very unhealthy way to deal with Single Awareness Day. (BTW I'm joking... SORTA)



 So first thing I'm doing is a spa day. Yes, the typical stuff - Face Masks, Mani/Pedi, Hot Baths. The works. I love doing a home spa day because one, it's free 99, and two because it's really fun to just take care of you. A lot of times we as women completely forget about ourselves. Maybe because you have kids, are currently enrolled in school, or you're just really busy for work, it's a good time to do something for you. Here's some great stuff I found on Amazon to make your spa day a success.

This stuff is 18 bucks... I don't have coins like that but maybe you do. If you do TREAT YO SELF GIRL! 24kt Gold Mask

Bubble Bars are all the rage on Youtube. I think it'll be pretty cool soaking in orange waters... Don't you think? Lush Bath Bomb

This is cool. Treat your feet while you watch a movie. My best friend had one of these and she swore by it. Get it! Get it! Foot Bath

Ok so now that you've soaked your life away. Done all the girly stuff. It's time to really give yourself a treat. Since you're not buying something for someone else this year it's the perfect time to freshen up your wardrobe, or buy that thing you've been wanting. 
For me, I'll probably get a cute top, or some makeup, but maybe you're into something else. Electronics, Taking a class, having a staycation at an AirBnB etc.. etc.. I think it'll be a good way for you to finally get that thing you've always wanted, and hey it's worth it. Because hunnie YOU'RE worth it!

So this is my last tip/thing I'll be doing and it's the one that is the most important. I know it's hard during this time of the year not to pick up the phone and call someone you had a thing with, but please, for God sakes, DO NOT CALL!

 I mean it. I don't care if you have to hide your phone from yourself, YOU BETTER NOT CALL! I'm not kidding! It's not going to work! No he hasn't changed! He's still very awful! And NO you can't just be friends with benefits. Before you make the call just remember all the crappy things that happened, and then think about it again, and again, AND AGAIN! Just don't do it... Promise? 

Alright and that's about all I've got. I'm not a pro, but if you surround yourself with your other single friends and watch a movie, that might be good too. So, let me know your plans for Valentine's Day! Are you going to be like this guy... 

OR... take my advice, love yourself, and be like this guy...

Your choice! 

-Briana Sumpter 





Comments

Popular Posts