The World's Best Guest Room! #GuestApproved




I am bursting with excitement this week as I anticipate the arrival of my family in my home! I already know we will be laughing and talking about all the old times, and I can't wait to spend some quality time with my girls. But first, I had to get my home ready for my special guests. Like many people I want my guest to feel welcome, loved, and excited about staying with me. So it's only right I share with you how I prepare my home for my loved ones. Below you'll find little tricks and tips I've learned along the way to take hospitality to the next level. Let's go!

1. Strip the beds




This is a no brainer but stripping the beds and giving a nice clean sheet set and comforter does a world of difference. Even if no one has been in your guest room you should still look to cleaning the linen for your guests. I love using laundry detergent that leaves a nice fresh scent as well like Gain lavender scent or Tide.

2. Prepare a guest basket



It's so welcoming to go into a guest room and find a little basket of treats for you. I like to include things that guest typically forget when traveling like hair products, shower caps, bath soap, feminine products, air fresheners, candles, matches etc. I also think it's great to add in a few magazines for your guest. Try getting magazines that your guest will enjoy i.e.- People, O, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire.

3. Good lighting



When your guest are ready to relax with a good book make sure to offer lighting by their bed or a lounge chair. It's great to have lamps around for these purposes. I personally love getting my body ready for a good nights sleep so dimming the lights is a MUST!

4. Obvious Storage


Whether your guest are staying for a few days or a few months storage is key! Add shower hooks, coat racks, or storage bins for your guest to put away their things. Also empty out any drawers that might have excess stuff in it from when you moved in.

5. Extra covers and blankets



I love to offer my guest extra bedding just in case they get a little cold. Add extra linen, blankets, and pillows in the guest room closet and let your guest know. It's nothing worst than freezing your first night stay because there's no extra covers.

6. Conveniently Accessorize





Ever been to someone's house and not know where to sit your drink? I hate that feeling. So be sure to have tables and coasters close by the seating areas. You won't mess your furniture up, and your guest won't be caught holding tightly to their coffee cup.

7. Fresh Flowers



I love adding fresh flowers to my guest rooms. It's such a personal touch and everyone enjoys seeing them! My go to flowers are orchids, hydrangeas, or sunflowers.

8. Night stand goodies



Don't you love coming to your hotel room with a wonderful mint chocolate laying on your pillow. It's such a warm feeling. I like to provide my guest with little goodies on their night stand as well. Add some small chocolates, a bottled water, and an alarm clock to give your guest the extra special touch.

With these little tricks I'm sure your guest will feel right at home! Do you have any additional tips to share? Comment below and let me know how you make your home special when family and friends visit. Hope to chat soon!

-Patrice


Comments

  1. Love the guest tray! Definitely going to add this to my guest room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts