moving made easy


So you found the perfect home and now comes the fun part...MOVING! Many of my friends will tell you I am a professional mover. I have moved tons of times and learned all the pro tips to making it smooth. So here's my gift to you - How to move like a BOSS!!

Pro Tip 1: Move what you can! The best tip I've ever learned is moving the little stuff first. This can include kitchen appliances, children's toys, or small furniture you can lift. This will make it easy on you when moving day comes, and it will help you not feel like a tornado has just erupted in your home.

Pro Tip 2: Ditch the cardboard boxes! Now I know this might be odd, but it's so easy to call up a company and get reuseable boxes from them. Not only does it cut down on trash day, but it makes it neat, clean, and less stressful. I'm sure you would love a stress-free move. (Don't we all!)

Pro Tip 3: Pack the kitchen first! Needless to say your kitchen has tons of stuff. Plates, forks, knives, blenders, and you're going to want to get a head start on that since it's the most difficult. Do yourself a favor and go through the cupboard and toss out expired food. It's nothing worse then getting in your new place only to see you have old food.

Pro Tip 4: Move during the week! Prices are lower for moving trucks and it's just easier. You'll see when you double check those mover prices. Thank me later!

Pro Tip 5: Make it fun for the kids! Moving can be super stressful and difficult for the little ones. Especially the anxiety of moving to a new place. Make it fun for your children by making a "camping night" your first night. Bring out the blankets, pillows, and marshmellows to ease your little ones into a fun night in their new place!

Pro Tip 6: Get the utilities changed! This might be a no brainer, but no one wants to live in darkness their first night. It's a much easier time if you can see.

Prop Tip 7: Shop around! For your moving company. Ladies and gentlemen I wish I would've took this sound advice my last move. Let's just say that company is not on my list of companies to use. I'd tell you, but eh... just do your homework.

Pro Tip 8: Include the family! It's daunting to feel like you're packing everything by yourself. So, if you have people around UTILIZE THEM! Get the kids to pack up the family room, hubby to do your room, etc. etc. Divide and conquer is the way to go when moving. Trust me!

And that's all folks! I wish you nothing but great things on your move. If you're looking for a place to move, or know someone that is, I would love to help. Contact me at patrice.sumpter@bhhsgeorgia.com

-Patrice

Comments

Popular Posts