How to find the perfect real estate agent



Whether you are buying or selling your home, having the perfect agent is a necessity on your journey. So, this week it’s only right for me to give you quick and easy tips to finding the perfect real estate agent. Before becoming an agent myself I was determined to have the best real estate agent represent me when buying or selling my home. Not only was I confident he would go to bat for me when negotiating deals, I knew that my home and my future home were in good hands. So let’s dig into what you can do to make sure you find the perfect agent.

1.       Ask for recommendations – Ask friends and family members in the area if they know of anyone that is a great agent. Not only are recommendations the best way to find the best agent; it’s easier to rest assure that you’re getting the best person for the job.

2.       Conduct interviews – I always suggest clients conduct interviews with their top three real estate agents. Agents should be able to provide their previous background and achievements, and should ask key questions to discover what you are looking for assistance with. Be prepared to give information on what you’re looking for in a home and an agent. It’s important that you and your future real estate agent are on the same page.

3.       Check their license – Each state has boards that will license real estate agents. You can check with them to ensure that your agent is licensed; and if you have complaints you can make them there too.

4.       Make sure your agent is familiar with the area you are looking to buy or sell in - The right agent is  very aware and well verse in the area you are looking to buy or sell in. Make small conversation about the latest activity in the community or any new developments. This will give you a great understanding if your agent has an idea about the community, and if they can be beneficial

5.       Check the vibe – I always like to connect with my clients on a personal level. It is important that your agent’s vibe and personality are right. If your agent is someone you see as kind, thoughtful, and will get the job done, I think you might’ve found the one.

I am confident that with these tips you will be well on your way to finding the best agent for you. If you are in Atlanta and looking for an agent I would love to be considered. Please send me an e-mail at Patrice.sumpter@bhhsgeorgia.com  and we can get started!

-Patrice 

Comments

Popular Posts